The Office is No Place for a Cattle Rancher provides a refreshing look into the human side of management and is an eye-opening journey for managers at any level in an organization.
Learn how to integrate compassion and empathy into your management style without surrendering your authority.
Understand what separates a manager from a great manager and how you can leave an everlasting positive impression on your employees.
Each chapter comes complete with step-by-step guidelines for improving your managerial skills.
Among the topics covered:
- How to provide employees with meaningful and inspirational feedback that increases motivation.
- Insights into becoming a better listener both in and out of the office.
- How to run fun, efficient, and effective meetings and not ones where everyone is scrolling through his or her phones!
- How to fire someone with dignity and compassion.
- Avoiding a dud hire: How to choose the right employee from a sea of applicants.
This book is a must-read for anybody who is fed up with generic management books peddled by people who have seemingly never managed a real human being!