A Practical Handbook for Use in Deciphering the Mysteries of Historic Recipes and Cookbooks, For Living-History Reenactors, Historians, Writers, Chefs, Archaeologists, and, of Course, Cooks
A Hastiness of Cooks emphasizes the necessary steps in the process of recreating historic recipes for the modern table by:
- analyzing the subtext of historical cookbooks, regardless of their culinary patrimony and time period;
- deciphering archaic languages, such as Old English;
- choosing the correct equipment and ingredients;
- cooking with a wood fire on a hearth or three stones on the ground;
- researching historical accuracy with various print and online resources.
In other words, A Hastiness of Cooks offers a key to the kitchens of the past. And readers will discover just how vast their culinary repertoire can become.